Relational databases provides great value and remained closely connected for majority of transactional scenarios. It is a growing set of use-cases, where performance or horizontal scalability needs or web scale data volumes make traditional RDBMS cost-prohibitive.
New generation of NoSQL distributed, most scalable class of non-relational data stores has emerged, partition-tolerant and presenting a unique value and data store alternatives for varied use cases where traditional databases. NoSQL data stores :
2) Cassandra 1) MongoDB :
Build a large and complex multi-site enterprise applications, use the MongoDB is the next-generation Open Source document oriented NoSQL database that lets you create applications never before possible. Across all industries choose MongoDB for building wide variety of applications delivering flexibility, scale and performance. MongoDB provide the features such as Performance, Scalability, Flexibility and Strong Community. Features :
1) Service handling access rights : Users can be defined by the administrator with either full access or read only access.
2) Server side scripts : Server side scripts.
3) Additional programming support : Supports large number of programming languages that include Mat lab, R, Power Shell.
4) Usage : Working with occasionally changing or consistent data.
5) Replication settings : Allows very granular ad-hoc control down the query level through driver options which can be called in code at run time
6) Suitable use cases : If we want to perform dynamic queries on data and if we prefer to define indexes, MongoDB is the best option to exhibit. MongoDB Consulting Services :
- Our MongoDB team provide very advisory services on all aspects of the product and database project lifecycle, including the system architecture,capacity planning, schema design, operational readiness, performance tuning, migration strategies, upgrades and more. 2) Cassandra :
- Cassandra is open source distributed database system and it's comes to under apache.If handle huge amount of data sets and data is stored in commodity servers then Cassandra is the best fit. It also come with the NoSQL family tree. It provides features like high scalability, availability and simplicity in design.
- Cassandra is having capacity to handle large amounts of unstructured data. Cassandra is able to handle the load of applications with very
huge amount of data like application Instagram that have roughly 80 million photos uploaded to the database every day. Features :
1) Service handling access rights : Access rights for individual users are defined per object by administrator.
2) Server side scripts : Does not support server side scripts
3) Additional programming support : It doesn't support more programming languages.
4) Usage : Read and write intensive applications.
5) Replication settings : Done on node level with configuration files.
6) Suitable use cases : When we have more writes compare to read we prefer Cassandra. We use Especially logging events. Financial and banking industries are best use cases for using Cassandra. Difference Between Cassandra V/S MongoDB : https://www.upwork.com/hiring/development/mongodb-vs-cassandra/